Monday, November 22, 2010

FlashWOD recap: Saturday 11/20 at the Washington Monument

This past saturday the FlashWOD was at the Washington Monument. During my last couple of FlashWODs I realized that doing the workouts in places in busy places led to more exposure.  And exposure means more people joining the FlashWOD - and that's a good thing!

The WOD

Complete 4 rounds for time of the following:

5 Handstand pushups (HSPU)
10 Burpees
15 Overhead Walking Lunges (25/35 # sandbag)
20 Box jumps
1 loop (from the Monument to the World War II memorial and back; 0.61 miles)

The crowd at the Monument was crazy - the perfect weather drew them out.  The tourists were loving the workout. We're going to be in so many picture albums!

Typically the WODs have been short, but with the perfect weather and the early start I knew that we could push it.  The sandbags were a little light, so I went with single arm OH carry for the lunges. The run, however was kicking my butt.  I sprinted as much as I could instead of opting for a more relaxed pace, which meant that I had to take more time to recover.

Times:

Dave 34
Luis 34:28
Probir 34:40
Emily 36:30
Cristyn 36:54
Graham 41:30


And of course, one awesome photo!



1 comment:

  1. Fantastic. We are so lucky to live in this WOD-friendy town. Thanks, Graham! (Kinda glad I missed this one; would have taken me forever :))

    ReplyDelete